I never get bored baking/eating baked chicken as there are lots of ways to prepare it! I accidentally stumbled upon this recipe by Jamie Oliver and I was hooked! This baked chicken in milk tasted obsulately fantastic!
Really simple ingredients....sage leaves, lemon zest, garlic, cinnamon(not in pic) and milk.
Lightly browned the whole chicken in hot olive oil before putting in all the ingredients.
Yummy! Prepared some crusty bread and mopped up the tantalising curdled milk infused gravy.
Recipe ref: www.jamieoliver.com
- 1 large chicken, cleaned
- black pepper
- olive oil
- 1/2 stick cinnamon
- 1 handful of fresh sage leaves
- 2 lemon, zested
- 10 cloves garlic, skin left on
- 600ml milk
- Season chicken generously all over with salt & black pepper. Heat some olive oil in a casserole. Fry the chicken until golden all over. Put the chicken on a plate and discard the oil in the pot.
- Put the chicken back into the pot together with cinnamon, sage, lemon zests and garlic. Pour in milk.
- Bake in preheated oven at 200 deg cel for 1 1/2 hour, basting with the cooking juice in between baking time.