Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Wholemeal Walnut Raisin Rolls

This is my first time exploring bread using different method. Previously I only does recipe on direct dough. As I read more on bread baking, then I know there are 中种,汤种,老面种 etc....This particular wholemeal walnut roll is made with 中种. Not sure whether I measure the wrong liquid amount, the main dough is very sticky. After adding in the starter dough, is still very sticky though I've kneaded for 10mins >.< As I do not want to waste the ingredients I continue with the rest of the process. Luckily the bread rolls turn out alright despite some hiccups in the process!



Recipe adapted from 超简单面包精选
Ingredient
(makes 5 rolls)

Starter Dough (中种面团)
  • 105gm bread flour
  • 2gm instant yeast
  • 60gm iced water
Main Dough
  • 50gm wholemeal flour
  • 5gm milk powder
  • 10gm sugar
  • 2gm salt
  • 1gm instant yeast
  • 40gm iced water
  • 10gm unsalted butter, softened
  • 30gm raisins
  • 30gm chopped walnuts
Method
  1. Combine ingredient for starter dough and knead till smooth. Wrap up and proof for 60mins.
  2. For main dough : Combine all ingredients, except butter, raisins & walnuts. Knead into a rough dough. Knead in proofed starter dough. Knead in butter until dough is smooth and non sticky to touch.
  3. Knead in raisins & walnuts. Rest dough for 20mins covered.
  4. Divide dough into 65gm each and roll into rounds, rest for another 15mins.
  5. Dust some bread flour over each dough and bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 15mins until golden brown.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails