Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Cooking with DOM


DOM Black Chicken Soup
Ingredient

  • 1 black chicken
  • 150ml Benedictine DOM
  • 200ml water
  • 50gm Kei Chee (wolfberries)
Method
  1. Wash chicken & trim away excess fats.
  2. Place all ingredients in a casserole, cover and double-boiled for 3 hours. Serve warm.

Fried Chicken with DOM
Ingredient
  • 1 chicken
  • 1/3 cup corn oil
  • 1/3 cup sesame oil
  • 1/2 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
  • 2 tbsp salt
  • 1/2 tbsp light soya sauce
  • 3 tbsp Benedictine DOM
  • 1 tsp cinnamon powder
  • 2 tbsp ginger juice
  • 1 tbsp corn flour
Method
  1. Clean the chicken and cut into large chunks abt 8 pcs. Marinate the chicken with salt, soya sauce, DOM, cinnamon powder, ginger juice & corn flour for at least 30mins.
  2. Heat oil in a wok. Fry chicken in 2 batches for abt 10mins turning once in between until cooked.
  3. Drain on kitchen paper and sprinkle sesame seeds over & serve.

4 comments:

NEL, the batter baker said...

ooh... I love black chicken soup, esp the skin :)

Cheah said...

This is a great recipe! I have a botte of DOM sitting in my house for as long as I can remember. I can't take liquour because I get rashes all over, so cooking it will be fine. During my confinement I used to have brandy doubled boiled with chicken as I can't take the brandy on its own.

Peng said...

Cheah...i also din consume DOM during confinement! I also cannot consume alcohol directly like u, but after cooking is fine :)

elpi said...

Ohhh...any one of these is sure to warm you to the soul!

Related Posts with Thumbnails